Sidebench is an award-winning strategy, design, and development consultancy based in Los Angeles. We partner with enterprise companies and top new ventures seeking product strategy. Our team provides the strategic value of enterprise-level management consulting and the technical expertise of a leading product & development shop. We combine these strengths with a people-first methodology that gives us a unique & innovative approach toward creating first-in-kind solutions.
The Sidebench apprenticeship program is a 6-month full-time paid developmental internship that is designed to provide the apprentice with valuable & meaningful first-hand experience within a specific discipline. This specific track is for those who are looking to work in the healthcare technology and health startup sector.
The program is looking for a motivated recent college graduate who is looking to gain insight into a variety of potential career tracks in the tech field, but all who are able to dedicate 6 full-time months are welcome to apply.
- Gain significant exposure to all areas of project and product management within one of the fastest growing digital product consultancies in the US
- Do impactful work that contributes to the greater goals of the Sidebench team
- Be challenged to think big, creatively solve problems, and turn solutions into processes
- Have a dedicated mentor throughout the apprenticeship who is there to help guide you and provide regular, structured feedback
- Work with and learn from a team of smart, friendly, and fun techies who care about your development
Role Information & Responsibilities
This position is for those who are deeply interested in healthcare and yet able to function outside of their comfort zone, learn and run with new topics quickly, and roll with the unpredictability of a fast-paced startup environment. With our Sidebench Health team, you will assist in a myriad of activities that cover everything from client relations, business development, marketing, and product strategy. You will often work one on one with the Digital Health Strategist in support of business operations for Sidebench Health, and learn the ins and outs of the digital health sector. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the management of the healthcare business pipeline
- Helping prep for meetings and following up with additional materials
- Acting as an active participant in business development meetings and calls
- Contributing to the content and design of client pitch materials
- Writing project proposals and responding to RFPs
- Working with Delivery Team to create project plans
- Working closely in support of our delivery teams on healthcare projects
- Creating original healthcare-focused content for our blog and our Medium profile
- Keeping up with healthcare technology news and briefing the team on updates
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Research of clients, competitors and target markets
At the conclusion of the 6-month program, pending your performance and company needs, there is the potential to transition to a full-time, salaried role on our Sidebench Health Team.
- A curious and inquisitive mind
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in a healthcare related field, or relevant work experience in the healthcare sector is preferred.
- Working knowledge of healthcare policy, healthcare technology trends, and a strong interest in healthcare startups and technology companies is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the app development process is a big plus
- Genuine interest in technology and business and the desire to learn more
- Self-starter with demonstrated capacity for independent initiative
- Strong research and analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Extreme attention to detail
- Must be responsive, pro-active, enthusiastic, and adaptable
- Ability to produce detailed and well-organized documentation (have a knack for effectively summarizing concepts, thoughts, and research)
- Must be able to commit to a full-time role for a period of 6 months
- Work with an interesting blend of projects and clients to make every day exciting
- We have a casual dress code in the office — no need to dress up for up
- We always make sure to plan one big company event and one small company event per quarter
- Our Culture Club makes sure to celebrate new hires, birthdays, Sidebench anniversaries, and holidays
- We are walking distance from downtown Culver City and have free office parking
- We have free coffee, beer, and plenty of snacks
- You will work with a diverse team of intelligent people that make it fun to come to work every day
Please apply through this link.