Sidebench is an award-winning strategy, design, and development consultancy based in Los Angeles. We partner with enterprise companies and top new ventures seeking product strategy. Our team provides the strategic value of enterprise-level management consulting and the technical expertise of a leading product & development shop. We combine these strengths with a people-first methodology that gives us a unique & innovative approach toward creating first-in-kind solutions.
About the Opportunity:
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a cultural leader who can drive the day-to-day functions of our office, support our employees, and assist our Partners here at Sidebench. The ideal candidate will step into a hybrid role where their detail-oriented, people-first attitude will help them balance the roles of both Office Manager and Executive Assistant.
Our ideal Office Manager is able to adapt quickly to change, remain relentlessly proactive, and is eager to help. This individual is service driven and will be a leader who shapes Sidebench’s culture. S/He must be able to recognize what our office needs before anyone else and must always be thinking one step ahead. Additionally, we will lean on our Office Manager to also assist in HR responsibilities including, but not limited to, phone screens, vetting applicants, and onboarding new employees.
Our ideal Executive Assistant will serve as one of the most vital internal office support systems. They will service the needs of our partners and operations staff at Sidebench. The assistant tasks vary depending upon the assignment and assistee, and can range from general office support to project assistance.
This opportunity will be part-time, contract-to-hire role, and if things go well, this employee will join us full-time. We are looking for someone who’s looking for a career in office operations and administrative services.
Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively, efficiently, and professionally with service requests of employees
- Serves as a team-player while still taking ownership and responsibility for his/her own tasks
- Proactively maintains appearance in occupied space including work stations, kitchens, conference rooms, etc. (including but not limited to bringing dirty dishes to kitchens, washing dishes/loading them into dishwashers and cleaning up any other messes)
- Participation in furniture set-ups and internal office moves
- Receives, stores, and distributes all office supply deliveries
- Responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, and facilities
- Serve as the lead for all food and concierge services and be responsible for keeping our groceries stocked as well as providing lunch orders for partners and client meetings
- Participates as an active member of our culture committee and helps coordinate events and gifts for anniversaries, birthdays and other employee celebrations
- Co-leads onboarding activities to make sure incoming Sidebench employees land on their feet and have the proper tools for success from day one
- Will assist on Human Resources activities such as pre-screening incoming applicants and phone screening candidates
- Responsible for reception services including meet and greet clients, interviewees and guests, field incoming phone calls, and manage deliveries and traffic in and out of the office
- Maintain employee handbook detailing policies and procedures
- Co-leads the planning of company events, All Hands meetings, and general office culture events
Executive Assistant Responsibilities
- Serve as a business manager to Sidebench partners on all administrative, coordination, and business information matters
- Food orders for important client meetings
- Manages travel arrangements for CEO
- Handle monthly expense reports
- Assist partners with calendar coordination, meeting confirmation and other scheduling responsibilities for high-priority matters
- Participate in internal leadership meetings as ‘scribe’ and ‘timetracker’, and eventually becoming a contributing participant on office-related topics/decisions
- Help partners with follow up for various meetings (if need decks, information, etc from people)
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Customer-centric and reliable
- Endlessly proactive, always thinking of what comes next
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Digital communication literacy, including Slack, Asana, Google Docs
- Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Process Automation via tech (I.e. IFTTT, Zapier)
- Managing Virtual Assistants
- Personal Assistant tasks
- Event coordination
Benefits & Perks
- You will assist on an interesting and challenging blend of projects and clients
- In addition to a competitive full-time salary, we offer a significant health reimbursement plan, generous PTO & remote time allotments, and a 401k program
- Since we’re all about learning and growth, you’ll receive a technology stipend and an educational stipend to spend how you choose
- We have a casual dress code in the office — no need to dress up for us
- We always make sure to plan one big company event and one small company event per quarter
- Our Culture Club celebrates new hires, birthdays, Sidebench anniversaries, and holidays
- We are walking distance from downtown Culver City and offer free office parking
- Our kitchen is stocked with free coffee, beer, and plenty of snacks
- You will work with a diverse team of intelligent people that make it fun to come to work everyday
To apply, fill out the application here.