Sidebench is an award-winning strategy, design, and development consultancy based in Los Angeles. We partner with enterprise companies and top new ventures seeking product strategy. Our team provides the strategic value of enterprise-level management consulting and the technical expertise of a leading product & development shop. We combine these strengths with a people-first methodology that gives us a unique & innovative approach toward creating first-in-kind solutions.
About The Opportunity
The primary goal of a product manager is to craft excellent product solutions for our clients and ensure that we deliver exceptional consulting, technology, and creative services at all times. PMs are front and center at Sidebench and play a leading role both internally and in the eyes of our clients; this is not an easy role, and you will never be bored. You will be expected to drive the delivery and vision of our client projects while keeping both client and internal teams up to speed on the project roadmap, leading and managing analysts, designers, and developers, managing project budgets, and raising risks to the Sidebench leadership team.
Sidebench Product Managers play a leading role in every phase of the project lifecycle. You will turn ideas into lean products with robust backlogs and manage development teams through planning, sprints and post launch support. You will be given a tremendous amount of independence and are expected to be a leader from day one, and you will be working closely with Sidebench’s Partners on a day-to-day basis. There is an incredible amount of growth potential within Sidebench and you alone will determine your ceiling.
- Use industry research, past experience and a product-focused mentality to make decisions that define you as a respected product and team lead
- Implement the infrastructure required to create an iterative design and development approach resulting in a strategic MVP and backlog
- Have strict accountability for project budget, scope, profitability and timelines. Communicating risks and wins to both internal and client stakeholders.
- Identify gaps between project scope and desired deliverables, initiating change orders as needed when client expectations do not align with initial project budgets and timelines
- Be responsible for project resource allocation and utilization among shared resources
- Provide timely status reports and communication to internal and external stakeholders
- Build and maintain detailed project plans for the research, design, development and feature based initiatives
- Manage technical, design and QA teams to deliver beautifully designed, architected, and tested product solutions
- Live for the product roadmap! Be excited about where you are and where you can take your products.
- Never stop looking for ways to improve process for better product and company results
- You see yourself as a client-facing, product delivery all-star, you kick ass on a regular basis, and you have the experience to back this up
- You have 3-5 years of experience managing and successfully delivering complex projects at an agency
- You have a deep understanding of the purpose for each Scrum event: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
- You are familiar with the use and configuration of one or more Agile development management tools
- Your jam is updating projects plans and running well organized sprints
- You have a strong understanding of how technologies work together and are comfortable discussing it with technical architects and developers
- You are process-oriented with a high attention to detail and get excited about running an efficient and well-oiled project team machine
- You are determined to help build the best interactive consulting agency in Los Angeles
Benefits and Perks
- You will assist on an interesting and challenging blend of projects and clients
- In addition to a competitive full-time salary, we offer a significant health reimbursement plan, generous PTO & remote time allotments, and a 401k program
- Since we’re all about learning and growth, you’ll receive a technology stipend and an educational stipend to spend how you choose
- We have a casual dress code in the office — no need to dress up for us
- We always make sure to plan one big company event and one small company event per quarter
- Our Culture Club celebrates new hires, birthdays, Sidebench anniversaries, and holidays
- We are walking distance from downtown Culver City and offer free office parking
- Our kitchen is stocked with free coffee, beer, and plenty of snacks
- You will work with a diverse team of intelligent people that make it fun to come to work everyday
To apply, fill out the application here.