Sidebench is an award-winning digital innovation lab and startup venture studio based in Los Angeles that is dedicated to identifying, developing, and launching new strategic technology ventures for its corporate and startup partners.
About The Opportunity
The primary goal of a product manager is to craft excellent product solutions for our clients and ensure that we deliver exceptional consulting, technology, and creative services at all times. PMs are front and center at Sidebench and play a leading role both internally and in the eyes of our clients; this is not an easy role, and you will never be bored. You will be expected to drive the delivery and vision of our client projects while keeping both client and internal teams up to speed on the project roadmap, leading and managing analysts, designers, and developers, managing project budgets, and raising risks to the Sidebench leadership team.
You will play an active role in every phase of the project lifecycle, from helping our clients shape their idea into reality and building feature lists and product documentation to overseeing the information architecture and user experience and ensuring successful delivery and launch. You will be given a tremendous amount of independence and are expected to be a leader from day one, and you will be working closely with Sidebench’s Partners on a day-to-day basis. There is an incredible amount of growth potential within Sidebench and you alone will determine your ceiling.
- Use industry research, past experience and a product-focused mentality to make decisions that define you as a respected product and team lead
- Implement the infrastructure required to create an iterative design and development approach resulting in a strategic MVP and backlog
- Have strict accountability for project budget, scope, profitability and timelines. Communicating risks and wins to both internal and client stakeholders.
- Identify gaps between project scope and desired deliverables, initiating change orders as needed when client expectations do not align with initial project budgets and timelines
- Be responsible for project resource allocation and utilization among shared resources
- Provide timely status reports and communication to internal and external stakeholders
- Build and maintain detailed project plans for the research, design, development and feature based initiatives
- Manage technical, design and QA teams to deliver beautifully designed, architected, and tested product solutions
- Facilitate requirement gathering sessions with internal architects, creative teams and client stakeholders
- Live for the product roadmap! Be excited about where you are and where you can take your products.
- Never stop looking for ways to improve process for better product and company results
- You see yourself as a client-facing, product delivery all-star, you kick ass on a regular basis, and you have the experience to back this up
- You have 3-5 years of experience managing and successfully delivering complex projects at an agency, in-house single product company, or at a technology consulting firm
- You are comfortable with all phases of the development lifecycle
- You are a compulsive planner and organizer that leaves no stone unturned
- You can delegate like a seasoned vet but have no problem getting stuff done yourself, if need be
- You have a strong understanding of how technologies work together and are comfortable discussing it with technical architects and developers
- You are process-oriented with a high attention to detail and get excited about running an efficient and well-oiled project team machine
- You are determined to help build the best interactive consulting agency in Los Angeles
Benefits and Perks
- In addition to a competitive full-time salary, we offer a significant health reimbursement plan, generous PTO & remote time allotments, a technology stipend, and an educational stipend.
- We have a casual dress code in the office and offer tons of drinks & snacks, company-paid outings & meals, free office parking, and a number of other fun perks.
Apply for the role through the link here.