Sidebench is an award-winning strategy, design, and development consultancy based in Los Angeles. We partner with enterprise companies and top new ventures seeking product strategy. Our team provides the strategic value of enterprise-level management consulting and the technical expertise of a leading product & development shop. We combine these strengths with a people-first methodology that gives us a unique & innovative approach toward creating first-in-kind solutions.
About The Opportunity
We are looking for a hungry hands-on tinkerer and maker intern to join the Sidebench team. To start, this is an unpaid internship (2-3 days per week), with the potential of going up to 5 days per week. We have spring, summer, and fall options available for students.
As a Side-Maker Intern, you will spend your time working directly with our CEO and Partners to design and lead fun maker projects aimed at inspiring and delighting your Sidebench peers, sometimes our clients, and potentially the world (through social media & online publications).
You must be able to quickly grasp technical concepts, have a good eye for product design and visual design, conduct thorough research, and be obsessed with building cool things and tinkering with them until they work.
This is a very unique opportunity for a smart, hungry, enthusiastic, tech enthusiast who is interested in digital and physical product development, product management, and digital business strategy in general. We are a motivated, clever, and fun group of digital junkies, and you should be too.
- Ideate, design, lead, manage, and/or support various Side-Maker projects that could include:
- Hardware/Software: Arduino/Raspberry Pi, X-10, Repurposing old electronics, robotics sensors & hardware
- Office Design & Improvement: Interior design, unique decor projects, furniture assembly, TaskRabbit management
- Interactive Arts & Crafts: Projection mapping, Automation experiments
- Production Design: Video production, Content production, Merchandising selection/swag design
- …the possibilities are endless!
- Experience with intermediate to advanced DIY maker projects (either solo or with a teams
- Self-starter with demonstrated capacity for independent initiative
- Strong passion for technology, hardware/software products, digital products, and constantly learning at a fast pace
- Must be a current undergraduate or recent graduate who can transport themself to our office in West LA (Olympic & Bundy) 2+ times per week
- Strong research, problem-solving, and analytical skills; Extreme attention-to-detail
- Must be responsive, pro-active, enthusiastic, and adaptable
Perks and Benefits
- Work with an interesting blend of projects and clients to make every day exciting
- We have a casual dress code in the office — no need to dress up for up
- We always make sure to plan one big company event and one small company event per quarter
- Our Culture Club makes sure to celebrate new hires, birthdays, Sidebench anniversaries, and holidays
- We are walking distance from downtown Culver City and have free office parking
- We have free coffee, beer, and plenty of snacks
- You will work with a diverse team of intelligent people that make it fun to come to work every day
Please apply through this link.