Sidebench is one of the fastest growing companies in the country and we’re not planning on letting up anytime soon. We’re tirelessly dedicated to identifying, designing, developing, and launching remarkable and impactful products for our enterprise and startup partners. We are excited by new ideas and new technologies that will help people live better lives.
At Sidebench, we pride ourselves on everyone having a voice. We don’t let job titles or years of experience dictate how we work and communicate. We’re all on the same team, looking to build the best products for our clients by continuously pushing ourselves and our process.
About The Opportunity
We are looking for a hungry hands-on tinkerer and maker intern to join the Sidebench team. To start, this is an unpaid internship (2-3 days per week), with the potential of going up to 5 days per week. We have spring, summer, and fall options available for students.
As a Side-Maker Intern, you will spend your time working directly with our CEO and Partners to design and lead fun maker projects aimed at inspiring and delighting your Sidebench peers, sometimes our clients, and potentially the world (through social media & online publications).
You must be able to quickly grasp technical concepts, have a good eye for product design and visual design, conduct thorough research, and be obsessed with building cool things and tinkering with them until they work.
This is a very unique opportunity for a smart, hungry, enthusiastic, tech enthusiast who is interested in digital and physical product development, product management, and digital business strategy in general. We are a motivated, clever, and fun group of digital junkies, and you should be too.
- Ideate, design, lead, manage, and/or support various Side-Maker projects that could include:
- Hardware/Software: Arduino/Raspberry Pi, X-10, Repurposing old electronics, robotics sensors & hardware
- Office Design & Improvement: Interior design, unique decor projects, furniture assembly, TaskRabbit management
- Interactive Arts & Crafts: Projection mapping, Automation experiments
- Production Design: Video production, Content production, Merchandising selection/swag design
- …the possibilities are endless!
Experience with intermediate to advanced DIY maker projects (either solo or with a team)
Self-starter with demonstrated capacity for independent initiative
Strong passion for technology, hardware/software products, digital products, and constantly learning at a fast pace
Must be a current undergraduate or recent graduate who can transport themself to our office in West LA (Olympic & Bundy) 2+ times per week
Strong research, problem-solving, and analytical skills; Extreme attention-to-detail
Must be responsive, pro-active, enthusiastic, and adaptable
Perks and Benefits
- An interesting blend of projects and clients to make every day exciting
- No need to dress up for us. We have a casual dress code in the office so wear whatever you are comfortable in.
- We make a big deal of the little things. Our Culture Club makes sure to celebrate new hires, birthdays, Sidebench anniversaries, and holidays.
- Walking distance from downtown Culver City
- Free office parking!
- Tons of drinks & snacks. Want something specific? We’ll order it for you.
- Working with a diverse team of intelligent people that make it fun to come to work everyday.
Please apply through this link.