Sidebench is an award-winning digital innovation lab and startup venture studio based in Los Angeles that is dedicated to identifying, developing, and launching strategic technology products & platforms for its corporate and startup partners.
About The Opportunity
The primary focus for the role is to ensure that the digital products we design and build are user-friendly, elegant, and designed according to best practices. This is a UX role first, but the ideal candidate will have UI skills and the desire to contribute to the interface design process as well. You will be expected to drive the requirements-to-design-to-dev portion of our client projects (as the client-facing design lead) while working in conjunction with our product managers, supporting designers, and developers. You will play an active role in every phase of the project lifecycle, from helping our clients shape their vision into reality and building feature lists and product documentation to overseeing the information architecture and user experience and helping ensure successful delivery and launch. You will be given a tremendous amount of independence and are expected to be a leader from day one.
- Work with client partners to shape and deliver products and services that excite and inspire them and their clients/customers
- Consult with clients to gather requirements for projects / products
- Lead the Discovery process for new projects
- Market / Personas research
- Product definition/feature organization
- Task analysis
- Sitemap & user flows/journeys creation
- Wireframing (with annotations)
- User testing
- Execute interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Contribute as a hands-on member in project management activities by guiding UI resources working on a project
- Stay up-to-date on the latest UX & UI trends and never stop looking for ways to make our products and processes better
Qualifications & Skills
- You’re a user experience champion, you have an eye for aesthetics, you kick ass on a regular basis, and you have the experience to back it up
- 2+ years of experience designing complex projects for web & mobile applications that leverage emerging technologies
- Comfort and experience with leading client meetings and facilitating collaborative activities
- Multi-device portfolio featuring different design frameworks (material design, flat design, etc.)
- Strong grasp of grid systems, breakpoints, and media queries to facilitate a mobile-first design
- Solid conceptualization ability, visual communication, drawing skills, and sketchbook technique
- 6+ months experience using Sketch and associated design tools
- Experience with prototyping tools (Principle, Framer.js, proto.io, After Effects, etc.) a plus
- Comfortable with estimating project timelines and individual capacity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of web & mobile app development and general project management practices
Benefits & Perks
- In addition to a competitive full-time salary, we offer a significant health reimbursement plan, generous PTO & remote time allotments, a 401k program, a technology stipend, and an educational stipend.
- We have a casual dress code in the office and offer tons of drinks & snacks, company-paid meals, free office parking, and a number of other fun perks.
Apply for the role through the link here.